Monday, June 22, 2009

estoy en ecuador!

I made it to Ecuador without major complications. The Miami airport was a bit of a shock to me because no one spoke english. I wasn´t expecting that until I got to Quito... but alright. The Quito airport was nothing short of chaos. If I wouldn´t have had Adriana pick me up I might have had a small meltdown. Apparently 10 family members need to come to the airport to pick up one person. There was seriously a mob of people right outside customs that were being forced back by police officers. When I forced myself through the crowd I stood there thinking I would never find her. All these people were yelling at me in spanish trying to get me a taxi and sell me god knows what. I panicked for a second before Adriana came up asking me if I was Manda. Still not sure how she picked me out of that crowd. This morning she is taking me to the hostal where my spanish lessons are. I´m really excited to see the city since it was dark last night when I got here.

1 comment:

  1. I told one of our guests from South America (can't remember where) that I had a sister in Ecuador and the look on his face went from bored to genuine, kind interest. So thanks for that.

    Also, FYI, it's hostel. Mom.

    Miss you already; I saved your voicemail on my phone and I've already listened to it like 9 times.

    ReplyDelete