Thursday, June 25, 2009


Today I went to La Basilica with some friends after my spanish lesson. It was absolutely gorgeous, both the building itself and the views of the city. Today was the most clear day since I've been here. For some odd reason they allow people to climb the towers. It requires you to negotiate some pretty rickety ladders and passageways. I'm sure it is not safe and would definitely not be allowed anywhere in the US, but it was an awesome experience. The very top had only metal bars running parallel with wire in between. The wire was not strong enough to hold you so you had to stand only on the bars and hold on to the roof. (I put some pictures in the Quito album.) When I got back this afternoon I laid down for a little nap. I woke up to Thriller blasting from the terrace. I was a little pissed until I heard that MJ had died! So we jammed out to Michael all evening. :) Tonight Adrianna is picking me up to go drive around the Plaza. It is not safe to walk around at night but she really wants me to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment